This course is essential for personnel who are required to carry out manual handling operations in the course of their daily work.
Aims of the course
To provide candidates with theoretical and practical ability to operate a Telescopic Material Handler above or below 9 meters in accordance with manufacturers guidance, HSE codes of practice and company systems of work.
Objectives By the end of the course the candidates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources i.e. load charts and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the Telescopic Material Handler for travel.
- Manoeuvre the Telescopic material Handler both with and without a load.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load.
- Set up the Telescopic Material Handler in order to lift various loads.
- Lift various loads within the full working range of the Telescopic Material Handler.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads.
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various points.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other hazards.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the Telescopic Material Handler in an out-of-service condition.
Aims of the course
The theory part of the training which is approximately 50% of the course will be delivered in a classroom environment, which will be tutor lead. The remaining 50% of the course will be practical based around the delegates own type of work. We strongly recommend this course being directed at the individual delegates own type of work.
Duration Half day course
Maximum Number of Delegates: Optimum 6 per session
Maximum 8 per session