LOLER managing lifting equipment and lifting operations
This course is designed for personnel who are required to manage Lifting equipment & lifting operations within the workplace.
Objectives By the end of the course the candidates will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between LOLER 1998 and lifting operations within the
- Identify & explain relevant information relating to lifting
- Understand the requirements for statutory inspections and managing of
- Record keeping through the company
- Assist in managing lifting equipment found to be defective and
- Recognize different types of lifting accessories and their
- Produce basic lift plans in relation to generic lifting
- Understand the requirements of risk
- Produce risk assessments in relation to lifting
Aims of the course
This course is designed to provide delegates with sufficient knowledge of the Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations so it may be applied within the workplace.
This course is both theory and practical exercise based which will be delivered in both the classroom and shop floor. Practical exercises will be given where the delegate will be required to audit lifting equipment from stores through to the shop floor. The delegate will be required to produce a lift plan which will include a risk Assessment for a specific shop floor lifting operation.
Assessment This will be an integrated training and assessment course. Certification will be a HTS certificate of training and assessment.
Duration 1 day
Maximum Number of Delegates 6