Lifting with Excavators
This course is essential for personnel who are required to use excavators for direct lifting duties, In line with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 This course is designed to enable operators to gain the necessary knowledge to carry out lifts safely.
Objectives By the end of the course the candidates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify the lifting appliances rated capacity at varying radii
- Carry out a full inspection on the lifting appliance prior to operation
- Assess the ground conditions for hazards
- Show clear understanding of the causes of instability
- Assess the weight of the load to be lifted
- Ensure lifting accessories are attached to the designated lifting point
- Understand the requirements when pilot operated check valves must be fitted
- Identify and test all audible warning devices
- Lift and transfer a load to a set designated point
- Ensure understanding of BS7121 code of signals and other forms of communication
- Store all accessories in the prescribed manner
Aims of the course
To provide delegates with the theoretical ability to lift and transfer loads in line with manufacturers guidance and HSE codes of practice.
The course is 50%theory and 50% Practical, tutor led.
Assessment Candidates will complete both theory and practical tests
Duration Dependent upon experience