Telescopic Material Handler
This training course is suitable for anyone who is using ladders and stepladders in the workplace for low risk and short duration of use.
Aims of the course
At the conclusion of this training course candidates will have the knowledge & techniques to select, check and correctly use ladders and step ladders in the workplace.
Objectives By the end of the course the candidates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Introduction to ladder safety
- Design and function of industrial ladders
- Ladder selection and suitability
- Manufactures rating / safe working loads
- Working at Height hierarchy of control applied to ladder operations
- Manual handling considerations- Handling and erecting techniques
- Safety when erecting ladders – overhead hazards and supporting conditions
- Securing ladders and stability aids
- Pre-use checks of ladders – defect reporting
- Safety when working with ladders
- Ladder storage
The theory part of the training which is approximately 30% of the course will be delivered in a classroom environment, which will be tutor lead. The remaining 70% of the course will be practical based.
HSE INDG 455: Safe use of ladders and stepladders HSE INDG 401: Working at height safely: A brief guide
Duration Half Day Number of delegates Max 6