Forward Tipping Dumper
This course is essential for personnel who are required to operate Forward Tipping Dumpers (FT Dumper) in the course of their daily work.
In line with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 employees must be aware of the hazards and risks involved when using equipment. This course is designed to enable operators to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to safely operate a forward tipping dumper.
Objectives By the end of the course the candidates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dumper for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dumper to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches or over edges.
- Place the dumper in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Aims of the course
To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to safely operate forward tipping dumpers inline with manufacturers guidance and HSE legislation and guidance.
The theory part of the training which is approximately 30% of the course will be delivered in a classroom environment, which will be tutor lead. The remaining 70% of the course will be practical based.
Assessment Candidates will complete both theory and practical tests as set by LANTRA Awards
Duration Dependent upon experience