Emergency Spill kits & Absorbents
This training course is designed to train site personnel in the methods of containing and controlling workplace spills so as to minimise the effects and to limit danger to persons, the environment and property
Aims of the course
To train candidates in the necessary procedures and practical use of emergency Spill kits & Absorbents for dealing with, leaks and spills on site.
Objectives By the end of the course the candidates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Legislation Overview and Pollution
- Prevention Guidelines
- Duties and responsibilities within Environmental Legislation
- Site survey and identification of risk areas and local topography
- Implementation of the spill management and risk reduction programme
- Consequences for non-compliance
- Information sources including Material Safety Data Sheets
- Spill response drill and record keeping
- Types and limitations of spill kits
- Types and limitations of absorbents
- Consideration for additional equipment (Signs, barriers and firefighting equipment)
- Personal protective equipment requirements
- Identification and marking of at risk areas
- Emergency pollution containment and control
- Cleaning of chemical spills and residual risks
- Debriefing of spill control team (Learning from experience)
- Communication and reporting (internal & external)
Aims of the course
To provide candidates with theoretical and practical ability to operate a Telescopic Material Handler above or below 9 meters in accordance with manufacturers guidance, HSE codes of practice and company systems of work.
The theory part of the training which is approximately 70% of the course will be delivered in a classroom environment, which will be tutor lead, with support of presentation material. The remaining 30% of the course will be practical based.
Assessment Candidates will complete both theory and practical tests as set by LANTRA Awards
Duration: 1Day Ratio: 8 Candidates to 1 instructor